Whilst it is nice to take your furry friend to be pampered at K9 Chic in Cleveland, sometimes you might need to do a little maintenance between visits. The team at K9 Chic have gathered up a few handy tips to help you groom your dog at home.
Pet grooming step by step guide
- Firstly, you will need a few basic tools for your home pet grooming; brush, comb, PH -balanced shampoo and conditioner for dogs, toothpaste and toothbrush
- Start by brushing or combing through your dog’s hair. Ensure you do this on a flat and stable surface. Dog groomers use a special table for pet grooming, but since you won’t be doing it all day everyday the floor or a coffee table will suffice. Ensure you remove all knots and matted hair.
- Bathe your dog using a good quality shampoo and conditioner. Be prepared for your bathroom to get wet. Have a towel on hand to dry your dog off. Some people use their hair dryer on a very low heat setting.
- Brush your dog’s teeth thoroughly.
- Brush your dog again, give him a good pat and reward him or her with a treat.
With work and family commitments life can get a little busy so instead of struggling to fit dog grooming into your schedule why not leave it to the professionals. In-between regular dog grooming sessions why not pop into K9 Chic dog salon and we can give your dog a ‘tidy up’.
Your furry friend can enjoy a bath, dry, face, tail and feet trim. We don’t take anything from the length of their coat, but it keeps them feeling and looking fresh, at the fraction of the cost.
Good pet grooming can help keep your dog clean and healthy. If you don’t want the task of pet grooming, why not contact K9 Chic, our dog grooming specialists in Cleveland are exceptionally trained and experienced to primp and style all breeds from Chihuahuas to Great Danes. Call 07 3488 0188 to book an appointment today.